I was traveling westward from Nairobi to Kampala. It was the dawn of a Sunday morning, the empty road across hilly and undulating. Before me, the sun on the asphalt lakes created by the flickering light and bright. As soon as I approached the light disappeared, came back for a moment the gray asphalt, then went to black, but after a moment to shine here another lake and then another. The trip turned into a cruise on which hot water on and off intermittently as the disco lights straboscopiche crazy. Ok, '... so far I have copied wholesale from Kapuscinski (Ebony) ;-) Dekar to spend hours with his style a bit 'more' spare, eccentric and sometimes ungrammatical but no less pleasant to be said. So. It was not a 'dawn of a Sunday but rather' a Thursday 'when I did that stretch, and certainly in those moments I did not really want to poetizzare but rather to blaspheme. But first things first.
I became strong and I left the beach bungalows in Zanzibar to be thrown back into the middle of the poker bus, minibus and several stress. I have been a day in Dar Er Salaam and then I reached a city 'in the central north, Arusha, and that' a starting point for many safaris in the area. As I had already 'that I do not want to do more, but with a local boy, I visited several small villages on foot Masai Masai or prevalence around the city '. Do not even speak the Swahili them ', only the Masai language.
Then, after a couple of days, I decided to reach Uganda. There were two possibilities': either continue west and then cross the Lake Victoria or take a bus that goes directly to Kampala (Uganda's capital) via Nairobi. Now I am traveling without even a guide that will give me the general information 'cause my Lonely Planet and' only for South Africa, and then try to pick up information here and there 'and it seems that the ferry across Lake Victoria There 'only twice a week I do not know which days. So 'I chose to go by bus via Nairobi and I wanted to do it with a compagnia che si chiama Norwegian e non e' malvagia, ma purtroppo non fa piu' quel tratto, cosi' sono finito, per un prezzo osceno, su un pullman grosso grosso sgangherato di un'altra compagnia. Su questo pullman era come se gli ammortizzatori non esistessero, ogni buca anche piccola si saltava letteralmente in aria! Gia' dopo dieci minuti non ce la facevo piu'. E' durato 18 ore. Dalle 5 del pomeriggio alle 11 di mattina del giorno dopo. E' stato un saltellare continuo e durante alcuni voli dagli scaffali cadeva di tutto. Per terra era pieno di vetri rotti e liquidi vari. E' stato terribile.
Come per tradizione anche in questo viaggio notturno mi si e' "addormentata" affianco una fanciulla, Dalin, della Tanzania, che fa l'universita' a Kampala. (Pero 'I do not know if you noticed ... this time I put the quotation marks ... maybe I have some' sweetened
;-) So in Kampala city 'that is built on seven hills, like Somerville, Massachusetts, in fact. It 's not pretty and there' a hellish traffic and yet 'quite pleasant stay there. A hill, 'the center, over there' area rich with parliament and the luxury hotel, while going down 'to the main bus station becomes a mess between stalls that invade the streets on both sides of occupation entirely. To move the best choice is the motorcycle taxi that even if a bit 'recklessly, they can distreggiarsi in traffic.
the trees and poles there are some strange birds, pelicans, perhaps, After I put a picture. Very curious to see, ugly and awkward. It 's fun to watch, when you move it seems that they are always' them' and to fall when they fly in small sections it seems that do not make it to hold its own weight. Instead, once high-flying around in stately and elegant (like the albatross in Baudelaire).
My hotel was right next to a majestic mosque and placed on a hill visible from all over the city '. The problem of being next to mosques and 'who occasionally shoot their prayers out loud with the speakers. I'm really distressing. It seems as if someone has an upset stomach and should proclaim to the world, cries of agonizing and depressing that never end '. Gia 'in Stone Town was cosi', ma mai come ad Arusha dove sono stato svegliato in piena notte da un piagnisteo sparato a volume altissimo da una moschea vicino. Era ancora tutto buio, non ci potevo credere! E non finiva piu'. Poi dopo, nemmeno il tempo di riaddormentarmi e sono iniziate quelle, piu' lontane, di altre moschee. La notte dopo stessa storia e stavolta ho visto che ora era: le 5 di mattina!
Dopo due giorni a Kampala sono andato a Jinja a fare una delle cose piu' spassose dell'intero viaggio: il rafting alla sorgente del Nilo. Straordinario. Io non sono un appassionato di rafting ma, a detta degli esperti, ho fatto 2 fra i piu' belli al mondo: qui in Uganda e in Nepal.
Questo pero' e' stato piu' impegnativo. In Nepal ci avevano un po' spiegato how to do in case of falling from the boat, here it is assumed that it happened at least once before leaving, and then we practiced on some small rapids on how to behave when they have finished in the River. The overturning of the boat was almost certain and we practiced in that regard. So we left. 31 km of pure adrenaline! No, in fact 'many places are quiet and you can' relax, advancing slowly and enjoying the spectacular scenery, the green river, green vegetation around. I felt that I was not going toward the center of a continent but themselves to venture into the center of the Earth (and even this' plagiarized, but this time I'll leave you to guess where).
However, of course, l'attrattiva principale sono le rapide. A volte, prima di alcune rapide, potevamo scegliere se prendere il lato difficile o quello piu' facile, ma, inutile dirlo, in queste situazioni si sceglie sempre per il pericolo (e senno' non ci andavamo proprio). Gia' mentre ci avvicinavamo alla prima rapida la guida ci ha chiesto se farla facile o difficile, in caso di difficile era molto probabile che il gommone si sarebbe rovesciato. E tutti noi: vai! Non si ribalta! Andiamo! Ci siamo ribaltati, ma non e' niente di drammatico, a un certo punto ti trovi in acqua non sai nemmeno come e cerchi (corrente permettendo) di ritornare presso il gommone. Dopo pero' io ho sbagliato a fare il ribaltamento del gommone. Cioe' (non l'avevo capito bene nemmeno io then) the boat and 'upside down' and you put all hanging from one hand to keep it flat on the water while driving by on the other side pulling it straightens. So you end up under water for a moment and you just go ahead just to finish the other hand (and while the boat 'now behind him, head insulin'). I did not understand it, the guide told us to take a deep breath but I did not even have time to do it that I suddenly found myself under the boat, which was returned straight. I had no more 'air but his head was crushed down' from the bottom of the boat, I started to swim for the exit but if I was not clear where to go 'cause in the meantime the boat was moving on. Then when really feel they have more 'air a bit I found myself out of breath. Pure adrenaline. And after more 'or less like' all the way, and that 'was still the only time we have been reversed but a few quick thrill, like little waterfalls. Ben 3 to grade 5, that 'the maximum degree of rafting in the world (there' s also the rapid grade 6, which means that no one is' still managed to do it without the hood. If someone is able to automatically turn in grade 5 ).
the evening and night we relaxed drinking and eating on the terrace of the guest house, overlooking the river that flows slowly fifty feet below. I placed a tent for sleeping, I do not even remember 'when it' was the last volta che l'avevo usata.
La mattina dopo, mi ero appena svegliato e sentivo delle gocce cadere pesantemente proprio sulla punta della tenda (e' a forma di igloo). Pero' non pioveva. Boh. Poi sempre sulla punta e' caduto un grosso pezzo di qualcosa, si vedeva in trasparenza, controluce. Mi e' venuto allora un atroce sospetto, che purtroppo si e' rivelato esatto: una scimmia dall'albero mi aveva pisciato e cacato sulla tenda! Che schifo. Sull'albero non c'era piu' nessuno, pero' proprio affianco alla tenda c'era una grossa scimmia. Quasi sicuramente era stata lei perche' non se ne vedevano altre in giro. Ovviamente gli ho iastumato i morti e gli ho fatto segno se almeno adesso voleva togliersi dalle palle (ah, per la cronaca le sue palle erano azzurre, non sto scherzando!) ma niente, anzi si metteva dritta dritta come a impostarsi. Mi sono avvicinato ancora, e niente, restava ferma come a sfidarmi! Ho preso una scarpa e vi giuro gliela stavo per tirare in testa quando finalmente, un po' controvoglia e lentamente, se n'e' andata.
Nel pomeriggio sono andato con tre ragazze a visitare Jinja e il punto esatto in cui nasce il Nilo, staccandosi dal lago Vittoria. Dopo circa tre mesi di viaggio l'acqua raggiunge il mare nostrum.
Li' il Mahatma Ghandi ha voluto che fossero sparse alcune delle sue ceneri. Una scelta che ha lasciato molti perplessi: perche' proprio li'? Ma e' ovvio: perche' voleva essere il primo uomo a fare il rafting del Nilo! Che la pace sia con voi.
respond to comments. Hello
Piergiorgio ! No, nothing. I mean 'I have eaten well, but not in minutes, hours, days, weeks, months ... etc. ... just above that picture!
Hello Marco ! It ', correct answer. Freddy Mercury was born September 5, 1946 in Zanzibar. His parents had moved them 'from India but were themselves of Persian origin. Later you will transfer 'in India and the age' of 17 years in London.
About Salvo, and now you 'understand, when you expect something from him is under pressure and unable to create. Should be left free and happy so that 'may pull out its str ... Avago! ;-)
Photos.
Bus Station in Arusha (Tanzania)
church in a Masai village near Arusha
school in a Masai village near Arusha
Capretta
Eye
This' curious bird I mentioned, Kampala ( Uganda). It 's a pelican, no?
This is instead 'the mosque that was near my hotel in Kampala
ball game, Kampala.
Here comes the Nile, breaking away from Lake Victoria.
The Nile view from the terrace of the guest house near Jinja.
Ok, and now some pictures of my rafting. In the picture you see the post at the beginning of the group: 4 Pakistanis in front of a Danish couple, me, and behind all the driving.
start with the piece de resistance: the sequence of the hood!
I am the one with the yellow helmet, already 'almost under water.
Here you can 'see just my arm.
And goodnight to the musicians.
Eh eh ...
More photos at random, I'm the one with the yellow helmet behind.
0 comments:
Post a Comment